Friday, February 28, 2014

[Flashback Friday] Peter, Paul, and Mary - Puff, the Magic Dragon

Today is Flashback Firday! So you know it's time for me to highlight a song that mattered to me when I was younger, just as much as it matters now. Today, I'm highlighting the 1963 track "Puff, the Magic Dragon" by Peter, Paul, and Mary.

I'm highlighting this song because I remember hearing this song when I was about 8 and the chorus was so catchy, that I remember singing in in elementary school and getting in trouble. Never knowing why until I was older and realized that they were talking about smoking weed. Jackie papers was the rolling papers and that mighty dragon (draggin') was a good hit of marijuana. 

Peter, Paul, and Mary made a hidden track all about promoting the use of marijuana and that's perfectly fine with me! It's my motto! 
Press play on the track below and puff that magic dragon!



-Roll Up. Get Paid. Make a Difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment