Wednesday, February 12, 2014

[New Nashville Tunes] Brown - 7:22 EP (Stream + Download)

My first time ever hearing of Brown was when the announcement came that he was performing at Beer & Tacos. Oddly enough, it didn't make me want to go to his soundcloud or anything to see if he had any skills. Last night, my twitter timeline was full of hashtags about Brown releasing his debut project, 7:22. Too tired to listen to it last night, I made it my priority to listen to in the following morning.

7:22 is a 6-track EP that definitely made me fully aware of not only who Brown was, but it also made me aware of the talent he possess. Pressing play on the entire tape and letting it play, a couple of tracks stood out. "The Release," "My Hennessy Song," and "The Dollar Menu Ballad." 

I listened to the entire project twice and my only negative is that his vocabulary isn't that vast on this project. I felt like it was a little too much cursing. Other than that, he lets out some whitty bars that you'll catch off rip. He's just 20 years old, I believe, and as time goes, I can see growth and maturity coming to him real soon. He's headed in the right direction, so be on the lookout for more music from the kid.

In the meantime, press play on the tape below and be sure to download it as well. If you're in the surrounding areas of Nashville, Tn, you can catch him performing alongside Young Thug and Curtis Williams at Beer & Tacos on February 27 at Anthem!



-Roll Up. Get Paid. Make a Difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment